Tuesday 23 March 2010

Ramon

Pocko, Doctor, Toothbrush, Hairbin(LOL), X-Men, Dictionary!
I believe that an opening this weird is bound to catch anybody's attention.
I am Ramon. Studying at St.Thomas Central School, Mukkola, Thiruvananthapuram. I have just finished class 11 and proceeding to class 12. Now I am spending a fun vacation in Riyadh, the place I grew up, a place which happens to be home to all my memories, my first step in any journey (I even started blogging over here!). I am a very nostalgic person and maybe thats why I got a little carried away when i started talking about Riyadh. But this is my blog so I am supposed to write everything in my heart. This magical desert now has the ability to activate all my senses. The years I have spend here, the good memories and bad memories, have made this home to me. I don't know the proper route to go to the school where i have been going for 12 years, I don't know the basics of Arabic language, I don't think I have more than 20 friends over here (but those 20 will tear their heart for me), I don't like the climate over here, I always complain about the lack of freedom and lack of entertainment in Riyadh. And yet, this is my home. In spite of my infinite patriotism to India, my motherland, I Have to call Riyadh my home.
I did schooling, that is till secondary school, at International Indian school Riyadh (IISR). It is a part of my heart. I will always cherish the moments there, the teacher who taught me the alphabet, the teacher who taught me Malayalam literature, the teacher who gave me a thumbs up at my debate competition, the teacher who loves me but has not taught me in any class, the teacher who insists that i become class first simply out of admiration for me, the teacher who asks me the toughest questions because she knows only i will answer them, my best friend who bought me cakes and chocolates from the pastry shop in the neighbourhood, my rival who always beat me for all the exams, my enemy who removed my pants in front of the whole class, the kid who made fun of my name, the boy who debated with me on anything to everything, the security guard whose only job was to chase students away, the lame morning assembly which no student payed attention to, and many many other things about which I could describe forever, which i will love from the bottom of my heart. I became a nerd at this school. I developed the enthusiasm and interest in extra-curriculars at this school. I became an orator at this school. I became a writer at this school.
This is my first blog and i thought i had to dedicate this to my origin. I have a lot more to say, a lot more experiences to share, about my motherland, my present school, my best friends, my extra-ordinary experiences and a lot more. But I have to take leave for now. Keep commenting. Love you all.
P.S. Thanks Krishnanunni for helping me make my first blog!

6 comments:

  1. hmm, its fine, thats all i'll say, coz if i say anything more, u jz go up and brag yourself high... ;)

    no offence

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice.simple yet elegant.loved the style. clearly speaking, 1st person,past tense , active voice.brings out the truthfulness.catchy colour combo.but i suggest u change the name of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Unni... i did want to name it different! there r also many spelling mistakes.... but i have no idea how to correct it!!! thanx for the review a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ID... so u mean to say that it is really gud... but ur not admitting it cua ur afraid that i might go on bragging myself!!!
    Thanx!!!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh!!!!!! hey Ramon........ its.really...nice blog...to read upon.... good work.....all the best monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a gud debut bro...gud job done....

    its truly touchin that u dedicated it to ur homeland n to the memories ther.....

    its gud, sumthin deep from ur heart, memories that u hold dear...yup!!!

    keep goin with ur blogs.....n send it to me..let this sis too know the literature skills of my dear brother......

    hope ur days r fyn ther...enjoy dear bro.....

    ur dear sis

    ReplyDelete