Friday 30 November 2012

SURPRISE!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMMAA!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This Blog post is specifically meant for my my dear, sweet Amma! If anyone else happens to see this, please scroll down for my latest story and other blog updates.
Thank your
Enjoy!!

Hey Amma!!!
Happy Happy Birthday!!! So, it seems you have found your surprise gift. I assume you have searched a lot, and worked hard for this present. Well, if not, I don't mind, for all the wonderful, beautiful and spectacular things you have done for me, isn't this the least I can do!?

As a writer I have a policy, never write about my parents. Whenever I express gratitude, I don't mention my parents. Because I know that even the epitome to literature cannot express a fraction of the love I have for you. And you know very well that not a thousand poets from across the seven continents, not even the pinnacle of literary prowess can tell the world how much you have cared for me and how much you love me!

But today, I make an exception. On this birthday of yours, let me make an attempt to pen down my gratitude for you. No! Gratitude is the wrong word. Such an understatement. What is the word? Devotion? Nah, too melodramatic. Affection? Nah, too childish. You see, I am already fumbling for words! This is a tough job, you have to give me credit for that. Anyway, what is the right word? Ahhh... Love! Good enough...

Thank you Amma, for tirelessly giving me company as I said all the question and answers in Hindi. Remember correcting my poems and essays, the one's I used to write before every exam as practice. Let me ask you Amma, how much patience did it take to go through all that again and again. Correcting it, and making me write again. And more importantly, after every attempt, you used to tell me what all were the mistakes. You used to teach me how I could avoid them. You used to write with that red pen of yours, all the mistakes and make me study harder. Every mark I have earned, in my school life and in CA, it is all for you Ma!

Teaching me school work was just the tip of the ice-berg. You taught me how to be a nice boy. You taught me how to behave, you to be polite, how to be nice and how to treat everyone. Even today, when I go shopping and buy my stuff, I remember to smile at the shop-keeper. You taught me that Amma. You taught me not to hurt people. You have taught me, how wrong it is to hurt somebody, and you taught me to be careful not to offend anybody, ever. I will be careful Amma.

You taught me to make friends. I always remember you telling me, "Have a lot of Girlfriends. And a lot of boyfriends too. Everybody should be your friend!" If I have friends, it is because of your lessons. And let me tell you, I have some amazing friends.

But my best friend of course, is you only. My ultimate secret keeper. Is there anything I cannot tell you? You are just so amazing. Even on my exam eve, you pull me out of the study room to show me if there is a nice movie on TV. You let me know, even if I forget, that the cricket match is going on. You proposed to keep the TV, and the computer, and the video and what not, in my room itself! You insisted that I buy a new mobile phone. You bought me an MP3 player even when I said I didn't want one. You ordered Pizza to surprise me!

Oh my God! Amma, I can go on and on and on and on, till the end of the Universe. And I will. I will surely! Before I loose control of myself, and set off into a mega-drama-spree, let me sign off. With lots of Love! Really missing you!

Take care Amma

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment