Monday 1 July 2013

Waiting for Love

The day I fell in love with her... that was the day we were informed that the previous GMCS batch went for a tour during the course. So why not us? And since then, every time our dearest Chairman or any institute staff passes by, my classmates go, "Saaar... TOOOOOOR!?!?!?!?"

Collecting money from all the students, reconciling the physical cash balance, making payments to the concerned parties and reconciling the 100 rupees difference (which almost took my life. Not the money, but the disappointment in handling things. However, we got the money back), that was a fun thing to do. But the most beautiful part came, when we used the balance cash to buy our mentors a gift. The smile on their faces when they opened the box - Priceless! That was the least we could do guys, the smallest token of our infinite love for you.

Coming back to the heart of the story, Our GMCS Tour - Special thanks to our dearest tour guide who... I guess arranged everything! And special mention to my favourite Miss GMCS who took the initiative and went forward with it, everyday. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible sis! No, but that isn't the heart of this story; the heart of this story is.... not yet, we will have to wait for it... a little more.

We saw the epitome of excitement as 45 of us assembled at the institute to take head-count. The energy was physical, the pulse was reverberating in the crowd, and even as I was busy arranging the cash (and stealing glimpses at her) I was overwhelmed by the joy around me. Special appearances by our dear Manager and the Great Bald Wizard, took things to a whole new level (although we dearly missed our Long Hair Wizard). And as we got into the bus, everything spilled out.... correction, exploded like a volcano..... correction again, a simile is just unfair, because that batch of 50 literally had the power of a volcano. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Off the bus and on the boat towards a majestic island resort, and the beauty in which I was at that moment - Yes, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. This is the right time tell you about the heart of this story, my wait for love. A couple of days back during our class on motivation, when some nitwit numbskull bloody blundaleomite commented that I had no feelings for women, my eyes darted towards her in a flash, and she did catch my eyes. I was quick to turn away, because her eyes... I could get lost. When I made my presentation about the love story of a nerd, so many where quick to hypothesize my school time love life, nobody cared to look at the angel (a little too cheesy? alright...), the girl, sitting right across. The most beautiful woman, blah blah blah.... she is none of that. She is pretty in her own way, sweet voice; but something mysterious stole my heart. Else, friendship wouldn't get so complicated. Else, I wouldn't miss her so much, even today!

Well, no soapy romantic story is going to steal the fun out of our L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y tour! What did it all start with? The girls started off with the kids park, guys (except Sania) missed out on that one. I still remember walking into the resort, the floating rooms, the park, the volley ball court, each scenery trying to outdo the previous one, and yes, with a lot of success. And then came the reception, quite majestic, no doubt. And just when we thought the glamour was getting over, we walked across the pool to the restaurant, where the most courteous waiters served us juice, and the most mannerless children gulped it down, glass after glass. Bats, balls (of all sizes) and badminton rackets were provided and we were quick to split up, girls picked up the badminton rackets and guys went for the cricket bats. And the games began! Played until the last drop of energy drained out for our body, clicked until the last bit of charge was oozed out of the camera and laughed as if we never knew sorrow. When food was served and the waiters and waitresses were smart enough to move out of the way, because the mob that attacked knew no mercy.

Water splashed against the shore; I guess there were around 20 of us who wet our legs in the beach. The great Kalakaran flaunted his expertise with the camera and Sania it seems got some classic shots clicked. But I was engrossed in the way my friend (yeah, we can call her that for the time being) waited for the waves to touch her toes. Now I don't know why a lot of people get irritated, but the wait, that is something special. Waiting for her to come online, waiting for her to pick up the phone, waiting for her to answer your text... sounds like gibberish to you? Alright then, waiting for your favourite computer game to load, waiting for the lights to go off and the movie to start, waiting for your superstar's movie to release, waiting for the chat making guy to prepare your dahi puri, waiting for exams to get over... Waiting - get soaked in that emotion at every opportunity you get, it's worth it!

Topped it off with a game of volleyball and a siesta in one of the half a dozen hammocks tied around. Had a marathon Chalu Adi Competition on the way back. And in the bus, I once again, six months after the Wayanad Journey, shed my inhibitions to take the dance floor. Bidding farewell to my friends, hoping I will never have to, I too got off the bus. Wanted to say something to her, wanted to say everything to her. But... let's wait. I am enjoying this. Falling in love!

Love

1 comment: